Hi guys, merry weekend. Like I always say, the weekend is a new opportunity to sleep in (can I get an Amen!), work out, read a page or two of that new book you got, see the latest block buster and of course learn a new recipe. This weekend, top on my list of recipes to try out is Food Ace’s ‘ Easy Shredded Beef Sauce’ which she pairs with what seems to be mash or pottage. I’m not certain the tag easy fits, but let’s just try it out and see how it goes;
According to food ace you’ll be needing the following:
1 parsnip (chopped)
1 leek (chopped)
3 medium carrots (cut to desired shape)
1 knorr cube (optional)
2 tablespoons corn flour
1 teaspoon curry powder
3 tablespoons coconut oil
1 and ½ cup of water
2 spring onions (finely sliced)
560g of sirloin beef (thinly sliced)
3 garlic cloves (crushed and finely chopped)
1 tablespoon Foodace All Purpose seasoning
2 (1/4 teaspoons) Himalayan pink salt
- Place thinly sliced beef in a bowl, season with Himalayan salt, knorr cube, curry powder, all purpose seasoning and corn flour. Combine all together and set aside.
- In a pot, heat up the coconut oil. Once heated, add in the chopped garlic, fry for few second, then add in the seasoned beef strips.
- Fry until they start to brown, this should take about 5 – 7 minutes (this should be on a high gas burner). Now, add in the parsnip, followed by carrots. Allow frying for another 3 minutes. Then, add in the remaining vegetables and stir in.
- At this point, pour in the water, stir and have a taste. Adjust taste by adding more salt or seasoning cube; your call.
- Cover pot with lid and allow to simmer until vegetables are cooked and sauce thicken as desired. Stir occasionally.
- Once satisfied with taste, turn off gas and pair with mash or rice or have it on its own. Delicious.