Its hello to a 3 day weekend, yhup! Don’t you just love it when a public holiday falls after a Sunday and helps prolong the weekend? I know I do, in fact it made top 7 for me.
Anyway after a great workout which my lazy behind can only afford on weekends (well most weekends I promise, lol), I’m usually famished and my coach say’s to always take my time before eating so I don’t gobble everything in site, so my breakfast is almost always something that’s a little special and different from my usual cereal.
Today I’ll be trying a Potato and Egg Frittata recipe I found Via Food Ace and would be sharing it with you this fine morning:
For this breakfast a’la speciale’ you’ll need the following Ingredients:
- 2 large potatoes (peeled and diced)
- 7 eggs (whoop whoop, did i mention this is my cheat day)
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 large tomato (sliced)
- 1 green chilli (sliced)
- 1 frozen scotch bonnet (grated)
- 1 spring onion (sliced)
- 1/4 red onion (sliced)
- 2 cubes of seasoning ( In her recipe she says 1/2 teaspoon of her seasoning, but if like me you do not have that, 2 cubes of regular seasoning should do)
- 1/4 tablespoon of curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of dried basil
- Salt to taste
Now Let’s do this
- Place diced (cube) potatoes in a microwave bowl, season with salt, dried basil and little seasoning (a.k.a maggi). Toss to ensure potato cubes are coated evenly, cover with cling film, place in the microwave and cook for 6 minutes.
- Crack eggs into a bowl, season with sea salt and left over seasoning plus curry powder, then whisk. Add the spring onion, grated scotch bonnet and green chilli, whisk again then set aside.
- Grease the baking pan with spray ,then place the microwave cooked potato cubes and pour in the whisked eggs, garnish with tomato slices, onion slices and avocado. Spray a little oil on the surface and transfer to a pre-heated oven at 160 degrees. Bake for 7-10 minutes and Voila, food is ready (and about time too).