Hi guys, its yet another beautiful weekend for relaxing and trying a new delicacy or better still just recreating the usual one.
Today’s delicacy of choice is the very healthy and super delicious okra soup, Naija style.
- 1 and 1/2kg Okra
- 500g king prawns (cleaned and DE-veined)
- 1/2 cup of palm oil
- 500g goat meat (chopped)
- Small quantity of stockfish
- Salt to taste
- Seasoning cubes
- 1 large onion (finely chopped)
- 6 cubes of frozen or fresh spinach
- 2 scotch bonnets (chilies)
- 1 small paprika pepper (tatashe)
- 2 and 1/2 cups of water
- Wash the okra and slice using a knife; set aside
- Place stock fish, meat and water in a pot, season with cubes, salt and a handful of chopped onion; cook until nicely done and tender
- Half the sliced okra. Put one portion in a food processor alongside scotch bonnets, handful chopped onion and paprika pepper. Using the pause button, process until they are roughly chopped.
- In a pot, heat up the palm oil, then add the processed okra mix, frozen spinach and prawns; add 1/2 a cube of seasoning and fry for about 5-8 minutes or until the prawns are cooked well.
- Add cooked meat and stock fish with stock, stir, and adjust taste with salt.
- Cover pot with lid and allow to simmer for about 4-6 minutes.
- Add the other portion of okra, stir and add more water if need be. Allow to cook for about 4-5 minutes.
- Turn off gas, make any swallow of choice and send your address so I can help with clearing it up, (wink).